Embroidery Success Stories for Everyday Women
Hello dear friends;
![]() |
| Sketching a pattern |
A big shout out and welcome back to my blog Tiny Strand Stithery!
If you have already been here and read some of my older posts, you will realize that I have been teaching for a while... from 2024, to be exact.
If you've just stumbled on to this blog, You are in the correct place if you are anxious, stressed and overwhelmed with what's happening around you, or even if you are just bored and want something to do.
But first, let me tell you a little about myself: I am Janice Deonne (JD for short),embroidery artist.. and now, teacher.
My diploma in dressmaking and design from Penn Foster Career School gave me a strong foundation in sewing, and their modules on fabric, clothing decoration, and accents left me fascinated by embroidery.
Picking Up a Needle and Thread
My mother and grand mother, were the dressmakers and embroiders in our family; known to their cients for "the neatest sewing and embroidery," so I was exposed to sewing and embroidery from a young age.
Picking up an embroidery needle didn't happen until I discovered my fascination for embroidery. Even then, I didn't take it very seriously until I discovered I had Rheumatoid Arthritis and suffered with everything from panic attacks to depression.
Hand embroidery and a lot of prayer help me channel my fears into mindfulness and get control over my fearful heart. Since then, I embroider something every day as a way to a calmer, more positive me. Using these wonderful techniques has developed in me a never-ending creative experience.
What You Can Learn in this Blog?
Have you ever enjoyed something so much that you are bursting to share it. Well, that's how I feel.
And now that science has discovered that hand embroidery is among the therapeutic techniques to remedy anxiety,stress, dementia and depression I simply can't keep quiet about it.
In this blog, you will learn everything you need to know about hand embroidery. You will learn stitches and the story behind them, colour theory and how to create your own colour palettes; composition and detail, different types of thread how to use them in products, and market the products you create.
You will also learn needle painting and both famous and modern fabric painting, if stitches are not for you, clip art embroidery, and more.
We will meet here for stitch-along workshops where we will spend a few minutes sewing together or bookmark it and sew when you have the time.
I will also teach you the techniques that encourage mindfulness and the flow state
Success Stories of Everyday Women
When writing this article, four of the students who worked on their hand embroidery with me wished to share their experiences with you.
Some of them are stay-at-home Mom’s, one is a young thing that had never picked up a needle before. Yet, they all describe the effect hand embroidery had on them.
Trissy A: I'm Trissy, and I couldn't help but share my story with you. The therapy behind hand embroidery helped me cope when faced with the lockdowns of COVID-19 years, with my husband and children at home. I took lessons with JD in 2018, so when stressed, I quietly worked on a pattern, and the quiet time spent on stitching helped me think things through calmly.
Patti H: Even though I didn't know how to sew or even how to hold a needle,I took slow stitching embroidery lessons at Tiny Strand Stitchery, and I am really glad I did. It's something I do for myself, and it gives me a sense of accomplishment.
Sherize DS: I am so happy doing hand embroidery lessons at Tiny Strand Stitchery. Janice was so patient with me, even though I didn't know anything about stitching. She is willing to patiently explain things as many times as I need it, but really, the lessons are quite calming and simple.
Rukshali P: I am so happy I decided to do this. When one of my friends sent me the link to your flyer for embroidery lessons, I thought I wouldn't be able to do it. But I did! It took a little effort and practice, but I learned to embroider beautiful patterns. I still sew a little every day, and it is so fulfilling. It's something I do just for me.
So if you're a woman who is overwhelmed by what life has thrown at you and you want to transform your life and become a stronger you. I will teach you to thrive through needle and thread.
I will also teach you to turn your new art into a side hustle so you can work from home or supplement your income.
Come join me on this journey.
Until next time... happy stitching!




Comments
Post a Comment